Story Updated Fri May 24 17:56:39 PDT 2013
'If certain elements of that bridge are cut, the entire structure collapses'
The heavily-used Harrisburg bridge that crosses the Willamette River is built the same way as the bridge that collapsed Thursday in Washington state. ODOT said a collapse is a possibility, as Harrisburg is one of more than 300 bridges in Oregon that are "fracture critical."
- Local plastic recyclers adapt to China's 'Operation Green Fence'
- Police: Student, 17, built explosive device to detonate at high school
- Taking steps toward a brighter downtown Springfield
- Massive Open Online Courses: 'These videos are the new text book'
- OSP: Trooper finds 8 pounds of birthday pot
- Collapse survivor: 'It was a rough day. I'm glad to be breathing'
- New neon to illuminate Whiteside Theatre in Corvallis
- Backups on I-5 as detoured cars crawl around collapsed bridge
- 'Horrified' trucker watches I-5 bridge collapse behind him
- More top stories...