Woman using oxygen burned in cigarette accident
EUGENE, Ore. - A woman suffered burns to her face when she smoked a cigarette while using a home oxygen system, fire officials said.
The woman was taken first to Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend before being transferred to a burn center in Portland by air ambulance.
She was not identified by officials beyond saying she was in her 60s.
Fire officials cautioned that smoking while using oxygen increases the risk of fire. Four people have been injured in recent years in such incidents, including a man who died as a result of smoking while using oxygen.