EUGENE, Ore. - As temperatures push the century mark, Eugene residents can cool off in air conditioned libraries, community centers, swimming pools, and at spray play areas in parks.
All locations of Eugene Libraries are open from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m., M-Th, Addtionally:
* The Downtown Library, 100 West 10th Ave., is open 10 a.m. - 8 p.m., M-Th and 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. F-Su
The City operates five communities centers that are air conditioned. The hours of operation and locations of those centers are:
* Amazon Center, 2700 Hilyard St., 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F
* Campbell Center, 155 High St. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., M-F
* Hilyard Center, 2580 Hilyard St., 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., M-F
* Petersen Barn Center, 870 Berntzen Rd., 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F
* Atrium Building lobby 99 W. 10th Ave., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., M-F
In addition, a swim in one of the City's three pools is a good way to cool off. Amazon, Sheldon and Echo Hollow Pools are open for recreational swimming daily. For more information on pool schedules and fees, visit the city website or call the numbers below.
The pool locations, hours of rec swims and phone numbers are as follows:
* Amazon Pool, 2600 Hilyard St.; M-Su: 2-5 p.m.; MW 6:30-8:30 p.m. 541-682-5350
* Echo Hollow Pool, 1655 Echo Hollow Rd. ,M-F:1:10-3:40 p.m.;7-8:30 p.m. M-F; Su: 1:15-3 p.m., 541-682-5525
* Sheldon Pool, 2443 Willakenzie Dr. M-F:1:40-3:40 p.m.; MW 7:35-8:30 p.m.; F:7:30-8:30 p.m.; Sa: Noon-2 p.m.
Spray play areas in City parks are a cooling resource, as well. Spray play areas are located in the following parks: