More teen girls are getting a controversial cervical cancer vaccine but the increase isn't much of a bump, the government reported Thursday.
The government has issued its first national estimate for Lou Gehrig's disease, confirming the devastating disease is rare.
Charred debris and ash from the Swanson Mill fire a week ago may contain asbestos, the Lane Regional Air Protection Agency said.
Wawona Packing says on its website that no illnesses have been reported and the recall is a precautionary measure.
As the U.S. tries to phase out a polluting refrigerant that is used in millions of air conditioners across the country, unapproved coolant is popping up on the market - with potentially dangerous consequences.
Winds out of the east brought smoke from Oregon wildfires into the Willamette Valley overnight.
Researchers say an experimental drug from the biotech company Genentech failed to slow mental decline in tests on more than 500 people with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease.
Some troops lose their lives in the line of duty. A tragic number take their own lives once they get back home.
Unexplained rash? Check your iPad. It turns out the popular tablet computer may contain nickel, one of the most common allergy-inducing metals.
Here are a few popular summer barbecue foods and what they “cost” in terms of activity.
Secondhand smoke can cause lung and nasal cancer in dogs, malignant lymphoma in cats and allergy and respiratory problems in both animals, according to studies done at Tufts University's School of Veterinary Medicine in Massachusetts.
A government scientist cleaning out an old storage room at a research center near Washington made a startling discovery last week - decades-old vials of smallpox packed away and forgotten in a cardboard box.
The surgical team at Sacred Heart in Springfield has a new, highly advanced surgical robot to help them with life-saving procedures.
First-day jitters come with any new job but when the work involves pushing needles into strangers' bellies, stitching up gaping wounds or even delivering babies, that debut can be especially nerve-wracking — for everyone involved.
A California chicken producer has issued its first recall since being linked to an outbreak of an antibiotic-resistant strain of salmonella that has been making people sick for more than a year, company and federal food officials said Thursday night.