The Oregon Air National Guard will conduct Veterans Day flyovers for various ceremonies at locations throughout Oregon and Southwest Washington.
F-15 Eagle fighter jets from the 142nd Fighter Wing in Portland and the 173rd Fighter Wing at Kingsley Field are scheduled to conduct flyovers at the following locations and approximate times:
Thursday, Nov. 11
142 Fighter Wing, Portland:
- University Of Portland, Portland, Ore. 11:00
- Hollywood Veteran's Day Parade, Portland, Ore. 11:05
- Veteran's Day Service, Scappoose, Ore. 11:10
- Veterans Day Celebration, Tillamook, Ore. 11:30
- Veterans Day Parade, The Dalles, Ore. 11:40
- Albany Veteran's Day Parade, Albany, Ore. 11:45
173 Fighter Wing, Klamath Falls:
- Klamath Falls, Ore. 11:00
- Veteran's Day Parade, Bend, Ore. 11:10
- Redmond, Ore. 11:12
- Prineville, Ore. 11:14
- Roseburg, Ore. 11:20
- Veteran's Remembrance Ceremony, Canyonville, Ore. 11:23
- Veteran's Day Ceremony, Tulelake, Calif. 11:35
IF YOU SEE A FLYOVER: Share your videos and photos on KVAL.com - then watch for them on KVAL 13 TV News
All passes will be approximately 1,000 feet above ground level and 350 knots airspeed. Flights could be cancelled or times changed due to inclement weather or operational contingencies.
The 173d Fighter Wing is based at Kingsley Field, in Klamath Falls, Ore.
The 142nd Fighter Wing maintains continuous alert with F-15s from the Portland Air National Guard Base as part of the Western Air Defense System.