2 taken to hospital after house fire

2 taken to hospital after house fire
Two people were taken to the hospital for burns sustained in the fire

SPRINGFIELD, Ore. - Firefighters pulled a teenage boy from a burning duplex Thursday while crews kept the flames from spreading to the other unit.

Firefighters had the blaze at 1678 Kelly Boulevard under control by 4:45 p.m.

The teen's mother was out of the house when firefighters arrived. Neighbors kept her from running back inside for her son.

Firefighters got the teen out.

He and his mother were both taken to the hospital. He suffered carbon monoxide poisoning. She suffered burns.

While the flames didn't spread to the second unit, the occupants will be displaced for an unknown amount of time, fire crews said.

The cause of the fire remains under investigation.