Dryer fire evacuates south Eugene laundromat

Dryer fire evacuates south Eugene laundromat

EUGENE, Ore. -- Fire crews evacuated a south Eugene laundromat after some dryers caught fire.

Crews responded to Mr. Clean Jeans Laundromat at 17th and High St. just before 7 pm Sunday night  after reports of a fire in the store.

Eugene Fire Chief Scott Bishop told KVAL News that aside from the two or three dryers and clothing that were burned there was minimal damage to the building.

Bishop added that firefighters stayed at the scene for over a half hour to investigate the cause and clear smoke out of the building.