EUGENE, Ore. -- Two residences were evacuated when a natural gas line leaked at a construction site near campus, fire officials said.
The leak was detected at around 10:30 Monday morning after construction crews used a backhoe to dig a ditch near the site of a new housing development at 1260 Ferry Street, one firefighter told KVAL reporters.
Emergency crews evacuated two nearby residences of all tenants shortly after arriving on-scene. They were allowed back inside after the crews stopped the leak, around a half hour later.
Northwest Natural Gas sent out a team to repair the leak, they began working on repairing the leak just after 11 a.m.