CORVALLIS, Ore. -- A man suspected of stealing cash and valuables from a Corvallis cafe is still on the loose, and police are asking for your help in finding him.
The suspect forced open a rear door of the Sunnyside Up Cafe sometime Wednesday night or Thursday morning. An employee said that there was a suspicious man (featured in the composite sketch) hanging out behind the business as it was closing.
He is described as a white man in his 30's, with brown eyes and dark curly hair. He is about 5' 9" tall and has a stocky build.
Anyone with information on the burglary is asked to call Corvallis Police at (541) 754-1733.
The Corvallis Police Department said that they have seen an increase in burglaries at businesses over the past few months. Burglars have been targeting local businesses for cash and other valuables, police said. CPD is asking for the community's assistance in solving these thefts and preventing more in the future.
The Corvallis Police Department would also encourage local business owners to take the following steps to protect themselves from Burglary and Theft.
- Make sure all doors and windows are secure prior to leaving for the night.
- Make sure alarms and video surveillance systems are on and working properly.
- Walk through the entire business and make sure no one is hiding in a closet or bathroom to gain access after closing.
- Do not leave cash inside the business. Safes and cash boxes can be forced open or stolen by burglars. It is best to make deposits every night.
- Make sure all business keys can be accounted for. If it has been some time since the locks have been replaced, or if keys can not be accounted for, consider replacing the locks.