EUGENE, Ore. - A driver in a stolen vehicle who was fleeing police crashed into two parked vans Wednesday morning, Eugene police said, pushing one of the vans into the garage of a house.
The suspect then fled the wreck on foot, police said.
Officers set up a perimeter and took him into custody when he tried to jump a fence - and found police waiting on the other side.
The crash happened on Sean Street off Echo Hollow in the Bethel neighborhood.
Officers arrested Jeremy Lance Horner, 37, on charges of:
- unauthorized use of a vehicle
- eluding by foot/vehicle
- 4 counts of hit and run
- reckless driver/endangering
- criminal mischief
- unlawful possession of firearm
- felon in possession of a firearm
- an outstanding warrant for parole/probation