SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Recycled materials caught fire Saturday afternoon at a Springfield recycling center, Springfield Fire Department said.
Fire crews worked to stop the smoldering cardboard and recycled materials for over an hour at a drop-off site near the intersection of Glenwood and 17th Ave.
There was no substantial damage, nor injuries reported in connection with the fire.
While fire investigators are still unclear as to what started the fire, crews with SFD said that this type of fire happens fairly regularly. Officials said this is because because all the flammable materials stored together have a high potential for combustion.