6. Deep Six Tricks: Darron Thomas ties Joey Harrington (who did it twice) and Danny O'Neill for the Oregon single-game record for touchdowns thrown with 6 against Nevada.
5. Easy as 123 Points: The highest scoring high school football game Friday came at South Salem as the Thurston Colts beat the Saxons 64-59. Quarterback Chad Olson threw for 460 yards while Trevor Westover amassed 350 all-purpose yards.
4. Walk the Plank: One of the best games on Friday night came from North Eugene. Marshfield's Josh Osborne returned a punt for a touchdown in the third quarter to put the Pirates into the lead as they hung on to beat the Highlanders, 42-40.
3. Jump Around: Not many highlights came out of the Beavers trip to Camp Randall, but Jordan Bishop made a nice leaping catch and absorbed a couple of hits to hand on the first down.
2. Two for the Price of One: A pair of #1 teams went down on Friday night as the Elmira Falcons kicked the Douglas Trojans (4A) out of their nest by 30 points and the Sheldon Irish delivered a 52-37 smack-down on Jesuit (6A). The new prep polls will be released Monday.
1. LaMike's Hat Trick: A rushing score and receiving TD for LaMichael James but nothing was finer on Saturday in the Autzen opener than the junior tailbacks balancing act to remain upright and return a punt for 58-yards and another score.
Tune in each Sunday night for KVAL News at 6:30 to see who and what lands where in Nick's Six Picks, counting down the top plays and achievements from the week that was in your local world of sports.