EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — Tony Woods scored 14 points and E.J. Singler had 13 as Oregon defeated Houston Baptist 91-50 Saturday.
Damyean Dotson and Carlos Emory added 10 points each for the Ducks (10-2), who hit 9 of 16 3-point attempts and shot 48 percent overall from the field. Dotson also had eight rebounds.
Art Bernardi scored 14 points and Tyler Russell had 12 for the Huskies (4-7), who made just one of their first 21 attempts from the field in the second half.
Oregon made quick work of Houston Baptist, jumping out to a 17-4 lead in the opening 5:20.
Singler had seven points during that stretch, forward Arsalan Kazemi had four assists on the Ducks' first six baskets, and Oregon outrebounded the Huskies 18-2 at one point.
Oregon put the game out of reach with a 12-0 run late in the first half that included back-to-back 3-pointers from Singler to give the Ducks a 40-12 lead.
- The Ducks are now 9-0 at Matthew Knight Arena; the perfect start at home is the best since the 2006-07 team also started the year 9-0 in Eugene.
• Arsalan Kazemi’s rebound at the 17-minute mark in the first half was his second of the game and 100th of the season.
• Kazemi set a season-high in assists (5).
• Senior Tony Woods picked up his first steal of the season midway through the first half.
• E.J. Singler has now started the last 90 games for Oregon.
• Singler buried a three with 6:11 left in the first half to give him 13 points for the game and move him past A.D. Smith for 19th all-time on Oregon’s career scoring list. Singler now has 1,236 points in his career with the Ducks.
• The Ducks scored at least 50 points in the first half for the fourth time this season.
• With the win, Oregon moves to a perfect 3-0 when wearing yellow uniforms.
• Damyean Dotson posted a season and career-high eight rebounds